Friday, October 02, 2009

Happy Fridays to you all

.... week two at the Hospital is now over and while my feet ache, my legs throb, I sit here with a contented smile on my face. I am loving it.. the staff, the patients, the Dentists... It is truely a wonderful environment.

I got offered to take on the other position I applied for as well. I have accepted. I will be working on a Mobile facility that will travel to and stay in different Special Needs Schools around Melbourne for 4 months cycles. I will be able to do what I really have been wanting to do... work with the children that need us most. I hope their smiles will be as bright as those that will be greeting them. I should start that in about 2 weeks or so, if all our plans go smoothly.

I want to enter into this in a special way. Since this is a new program I want the children who visit us to enjoy their visit and not be scared of the visit or the thought of returning. I have been thinking hard about how I could do this and I have thought of making a van mascot.
When I was younger I had a puppet, it was a "raggadoon" doll. They were about the size of a one year old, stuffed and very cute,... she had been handed down to Kiera when she was little, though sadly, she has disappeared after the many years of moving with the defence.

I think I am going to have to do a hunt for one through the op shops etc and perhaps on ebay. Who knows, I could be lucky and find one for little $$. Otherwise, I may just have to draw up a pattern and construct one of my own. If only I was lucky enough to find a puppet like some that Jeff Durham has. ~L~... Speaking of, did you know that he is making his way to Australia!?
If you dont know who he is... all i have to ask you is "what rock have you been living under. Do yourself a favour and look him up on YouTube!"
That content smile that I have had, up until now has faded into a pout... because.... well as wonderful as it is to know that my favourite ventriliquist is coming to Australia, his Melbourne show is BOOKED OUT!!!
boo hoo.

Well... Hopefully they will convince him that he will have to open another show while he is here... here is hoping.

enough rambling from me... Im off to find myself a suitable mascot!

Happy fridays and stacks o' love!

PS: I promise that I am going to do something about my music play list! I am so over it, aren't you!?
xxxx

No comments: